Lately I feel as though I'm spending far too much time daydreaming about bigger and better equipment than actually getting out there and putting what I've got to good use.
It's not as though there will never be a wish list... I'd be lying if I said I didn't dream of lenses at night.
But for now, I'm determined to use what I have. Excited even.
And it just so happen's that I have a pretty special little film camera tucked away in my laundry cupboard. I've had it for 8 years actually. My Pop left to me when he passed away, and it's taken until now for me to feel comfortable enough shooting in manual to pull it out and have a play.
We used to use it together, many, many years ago... when he would take me out into the garden and talk me through a session.
I shot these for him, at his house. And it felt so good.
Slowing down. Planning. Taking my time.
There's just something so refreshing about film...




I cannot even express how much I love all of these, you must be so proud and your pop would love them too :)
ReplyDeleteI have a film camera, bought film and have yet to take a picture. These are really inspiring!!! I love the second image. The stripes, shapes, and perspective are perfect!
ReplyDelete