Monday, 19 September 2011
Little Things {Film Inspired}
My love of photography first began when I was in primary school, when my sweet Grandma and Pop brought me a small film camera for my birthday. I remember opening it, and instantly wondering how it could be possible that I hadn't always had a camera. I was excited, and I was inspired.
As a teenager, I purchased my first SLR, a Nikon F40. I practised on the weekends with my Pop's Canon, and his line up of lenses, and then I would go off again on my own - inspired.
And for my 19th birthday, my then boyfriend (and now sweet husband), surprised me with my first DSLR... A Nikon D60. (Hmmmm, now that I think about it, I'm 29 next year... what better way to celebrate the ten year anniversary of my first DSLR, than a new DSLR? Excuse me for a second while I go and call my husband....)
Fast forward to January of 2010, and we welcomed into our lives my current love affair... the D90. The Mamarazzi in me was unleashed, and I haven't looked back.
In August of 2010, I made two of the best purchases I've ever made. Ever.
I took a one day class in the city - and learnt everything I needed to, to switch my camera to manual.
And I joined Clickin Mom's. Talk about inspiring! That place is like a second home to me. Everyone there just 'gets it'. The support is overwhelming, and the talent, workshops and information available? You guessed it!! Inspiring.
A couple of weeks ago, Clickin Mom's released a set of Film Inspired presets, for Lightroom and ACR. I was hooked. And it got me thinking about my Pop's old Canon. He left it to me when he passed away, and it sits with it's lenses in my cupboard. As I sat down, editing with my new presets... I was film inspired...
I brought myself a black and white film last week. And I am counting down the sleeps until Friday when we go into town, so I can get it developed.
Until then though, here are some film inspired macros. Taken in Grandma and Pop's garden of course...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Love the film look!! You have gorgeous macros too!!!
ReplyDelete